Watercolour and Stitch
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Are you wanting to take your stitching in a new direction and/or introduce new ideas. Let Nicole take you on a creative journey that will expand your mind and culminate in you producing an original stitch work of your own design.
In this daylong workshop, you will start with some short activities aimed at freeing up your thinking and creativity. Under Nicole’s guidance, you will then use watercolour to produce an original leaf themed design. This design will then inspire your final embroidery piece.
Note that while this class is perfect for those with no prior experience, Nicole will also cater to those with existing skills wanting to improve.
Date: Saturday July 20
Cost: $155 + $5 materials fee payable to Nicole on the day
Tutor: Nicole Kemp.
Nicole is an exhibited artist with 32 years experience teaching art and crafts to all ages: pre-schoolers through to adults. She is passionate about providing a calm and friendly environment where people feel free to learn the basics and then can move on to exploring and developing their own ideas. She is skilled at nurturing multiple skill levels in a single class.
Nicole enjoys exploring textiles and fibre, producing hand and machine embroidered works. Colour and energy is very important to her, as is the history and evolution of the arts through the ages. She also regularly paints and draws, exploring the theme of cities and it’s people, it’s movement, its energy.
What you will learn
• Basic watercolour skills
• Sketchbook design and journaling skills
• How to free up your thinking
• Learn how to stitch or enhance existing skills
What you will get
• Students will take home their watercolour design as well as their stitch project (which may or may not be finished).
What to bring
• Pen, Pencil and paper for note taking
• Nicole suggests that you bring lunch. While there are food options close by, she will work through lunch, and suggests that her students usually like to eat while continuing to work.
• Any threads, beads, bits and bobs you may have, and a basic sewing kit. However don’t worry if you have nothing as there will be plenty to use on the day.
Anyone 15 and over interested in freeing up their creativity through stitching
Photo Credit: Nicole Kemp
- Watercolour and Stitch$155$1550$0