Time & Location
About This Workshop
A willingness to play and explore, to go with the flow without knowing what the end result is ‘supposed to look like’, is essential to free up your creativity. Which is exactly what you will be doing in this fun progression of activities.
No art experience necessary, just a willingness to play, so that you can be inspired to learn, experiment, adapt and grow and to find out how the Japanese concept of Wabi-Sabi can help you lead a more creative life.
Time: 10am to 4pm
Cost: $145 + $15 materials fee payable to tutor
Tutor: Robyn Steel-Stickland
What to bring:
To get the most from this class gather and bring the following-
• an item from home that fits with the idea that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’
• an item from home that is very special to you but is showing ‘signs of wear’
• a flower or part of a flowering plant (or similar) that is just ‘past its best’
• A collection of small to medium rusty bits (ground finds are excellent)
• A box of teabags that could produce interesting colour
• Your journal (or get one).
• A writing implement
• a black fine-liner
• a drawing pencil
About the Tutor: Robyn Steel-Stickland has a fascination with the ancient Japanese aesthetic of Wabi-Sabi. In Robyn’s words: “We live in a society where we are looking at re-using, re-purposing and mending as important for the future of our planet. Wabi-Sabi has focused on these things for centuries and we have so much to learn from it.”
- Wabi Sabi$145$1450$0