Time & Location
About This Workshop
In this workshop, you will learn to combine multiple pieces of broken or discarded jewellery to become a new and original piece.
Along the way you will learn some basic jewellery making techniques to make bracelets, earrings and necklaces. Bring along a broken or old piece of jewellery to bring back to life.
Date: Saturday May 25
Tutor: Barbara Niglio
What you will get:
- Students will take home at least one piece of upcycled jewellery
What to bring:
- Paper and pencil for note taking
- Pointy nose pliers (fine jewellery making or electronic)
- Round nose pliers (fine jewellery making or electronic)
- Wire cutters
- Old or broken pieces of jewellery such as earrings, brooches, necklaces, bracelets
- Any attractive bling that might be incorporated into a new piece (note that Opendrawer has great inexpensive packs of interesting things for purchase).
Note: While there is no set materials cost, findings (pieces to put jewellery together) can be purchased from Barbara on the day.
About the Tutor:
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. She has taught Diploma and Cert III in Fashion Design and Technology at Box Hill TAFE for over a decade. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
- Upcycled Jewellery$115$1150$0