Upcycled Clothing Intensive
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Date: Fri 26 Apr 7pm-8:30pm, Sat 27 Apr 10am-4pm, Sun 28 Apr 10am-4pm
Do you have items in your wardrobe that you love but they’re not quite right? Would you like to be able to give tired items a new life? Save money and the environment by learning to revamp your wardrobe using items you already have. Modernise out of date pieces. Improve the fit and design. You might like to turn 2 or more pieces into 1 new garment, or reshape/resize a much loved or newly acquired item.
Note: you must be proficient in sewing machine use.
Friday: Bring along an armful of clothes to the 1½ hr introduction, for discussion. As a group, learn how these can be altered to bring them back into service with a fresh, new look. There will also be an opportunity to browse Opendrawer for embellishments.
Saturday: Start to disassemble and fit your chosen items.
Sunday: Complete the fitting of your items and add finishes, trims etc
This class is suitable for those aged 16+
Dates & Times: Fri 26 Apr 7pm-8:30pm, Sat 27 Apr 10am-4pm, & Sun 28 Apr 10am-4pm.
What to bring:
- An armful of clothes with upcycling potential: items that are not quite right, whether due to fit, style, damage etc
- Trims and finishes
- Your sewing machine and spare needles (let us know if you would prefer to use one of ours)
- Items to be upcycled and any trims/finishes to be used
- Basic sewing kit (we have spares if you are missing anything)
- Pen, pencil, writing paper
What you will take away:
- 1 big or several small upcycled items of clothing
What you will learn:
- How to visualise possible changes and upgrades to existing garments
- Practical, creative methods to implement these changes
About the Tutor:
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. She has taught Diploma and Cert III in Fashion Design and Technology at Box Hill TAFE for over a decade. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
- Upcycled Clothing$325$3250$0