Recycled Paper Art: Fruit & More
Time & Location
About This Workshop
In this workshop, you will learn to fold, cut and curl paper to create stunning ornamental paper objects and beads. You will learn to create a paper apple or pear, paper flower, how to turn an old book into a decorative object and experiment with creating paper beads. You will learn what papers are suitable for what type of projects, as well as leaving with the skills to continue re-using and recycling paper to make your own wonderful paper art at home. Students will take home a paper apple or pear, paper flowers, paper beads, and any other objects they create during the class.
Date: Saturday 30 March
Time: 10:00am to 3:00pm
Tutor: Barbara Niglio.
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
What you will learn:
- You will learn how to make decorative objects by reusing and recycling paper.
- You will learn which paper is suitable for which type of project.
What to bring:
• Writing paper
• Bladed cutting knife (Stanley, scalpel. Very cheap snap off blade types best as they are more flexible)
• A few ‘clamps’ eg clothes pegs, bulldog clips
• Glue stick
• Paperback book at least 2.5 cm thick
• Waste cardboard (cereal box or similar)
• colourful magazine with thin paper – local real estate newspapers are ideal newspaper
• Paper cutter if you have one
- Sold OutRecycled Paper Art$115$1150$0