Paper Xmas Decorations using recycled materials
Time & Location
About This Workshop
A great time to start thinking about Christmas before the madness hits us!
In this class you'll learn how to cut, curl, fold and manipulate old books and paper into beautiful Christmas ornaments, for your tree, Christmas table, or as sweet little gifts.
This is a fun class that will have you amazed at how versatile paper can be as a creative material, and will leave you with the skills to continue re-using and recycling paper to make your own wonderful paper art at home. You'll also take home a number of pieces that you work on during the class.
Date: Saturday October 27 2018
What to bring:
- Notebook and pen
- Paperback book
- Book paper – can be from any book. You may want some ordinary and/or some with images, whatever inspires you, eg coloured paper, shiny or sparkly paper, music paper, magazines, old wrapping paper, old Christmas cards
- Cardboard for making cards
- Christmas decorations, bits of tinsel, beads, sequins, glitter, stars – any embellishments that may take your fancy
- A few toilet rolls
- Plastic soft drink bottle(s)- any size, clear, green or any other colour
- Threads for hanging your decorations – eg fishing wire, fine ribbon, fancy thread
- A few ‘clamps’ eg clothes pegs, bulldog clips
- Waste cardboard (cereal box or similar)
- Things you could bring if you have them – paper scoring board, paper slicer/cutter, Christmas themed punches or other Christmassy themed equipment
Participants may wish to share or swap interesting bits and pieces
Tutor: Barbara Niglio.
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
- Paper Xmas Decorations$109$1090$0