Paper Xmas Decorations
Time & Location
About This Workshop
A great time to start thinking about Christmas before the madness hits us.
In this class you will learn how to cut, curl, fold and manipulate old books and paper in to beautiful Christmas trinkets for your tree, Christmas table, or as sweet little gifts.
A fun class that will have you amazed at how versatile paper can be as a material.and leaving you with the skills to continue re-using and recycling paper to make your own wonderful paper art at home. You will also get to take home a number of pieces that you work on during the class.
Date: Saturday Oct 19
What you will learn:
- You will learn how to make decorative Xmas themed objects by reusing and recycling paper.
- You will learn techniques to cut, curl, fold and manipulate paper.
- How to see new possibilities in old paper items.
What you will get:
- Students will take home a number of Xmas themed paper items that they have created during the class.
What to bring - Participants may wish to share or swap interesting bits and pieces:
- Notebook and pen
- Paperback book
- Book paper – can be from any book. You may want some ordinary and/or some with images, whatever inspires you. Eg Coloured paper, shiny or sparkly paper, Music paper, magazines, old wrapping paper, old Christmas cards
- Cardboard for making cards
- Christmas decorations, bits of tinsel, beads, sequins, glitter, stars – any embellishments that may take your fancy
- A few toilet rolls
- Plastic soft drink bottle(s)- any size, clear, green or any other colour
- Threads for hanging your decorations – eg. fishing wire, fine ribbon or fancy thread
- A few ‘clamps’ eg clothes pegs, bulldog clips
- Waste cardboard (cereal box or similar)
Things you could bring if you have them:
- Paper scoring board, Paper slicer/cutter, Christmas themed punches or other Christmassy themed equipment
Tutor: Barbara Niglio.
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. She has taught Diploma and Cert III in Fashion Design and Technology at Box Hill TAFE for over a decade. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
- Paper Xmas Decos$115$1150$0