Nature Printing: Decorative Tissue Paper
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Combine recycling and creativity with inspiration from nature . Make your own decorative tissue paper with printing using plant materials. Explore the beauty and simplicity of creating your own leaf printed tissue paper and gift tags - perfect for wrapping gifts or for use in mixed-media art work. We will be using plant materials and recycling paper packaging from the home. May this playful workshop inspire you to view your garden, home and local surrounds in a new and creative light... Come prepared to play.
Date: Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
Time: 10am to 1pm
Class fee: $80
Materials fee: $6
You will leave with:
- Sheets of your own nature printed tissue paper
- Gift tags
- 10 Blank pieces of tissue paper
- Paint roller
Skills you’ll learn :
- Explore creative ways of printing using leaves and a myriad of things from the garden and surrounds
- This simple art play is easy and achievable to do at home… very satisfying and highly addictive!
- The art of recycling
What to bring:
- Apron or old workshirt
- A bag to take your artwork home
- You are welcome to bring any leaves, seed pods etc from your garden to experiment with.
Tutor details: Miranda Brett
Miranda is a textile artist with a passion for fibres, texture, colour and patterns. The simple forms, colours, mark-making and designs in Nature in particular, provides great inspiration for her work. She enjoys the challenge of making art accessible by using every day objects in the home and garden in a creative and exploratory way.
Picture credit: Miranda Brett
- Nature Printing$80$800$0