Miniature Tapestry Weaving
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Learn the art of weaving and working in miniature. Explore simple design ideas through incorporating shapes and the use of colour, to make an interesting and beautiful gift card or a 2D art weaving. You will use embroidery threads and tapestry weaving techniques. Miniature weavings are very portable and can be taken with you and worked on at any time and in any location!
Skills you’ll learn:
- How to warp up a miniature loom.
- How to tapestry weave as well as changing colours and creating gaps in woven work.
- How to neatly finish and remove your tapestry from the loom.
- Fixing work to a card for framing or display.
Date: Monday 14th January, 2019.
Time: 10am to 4pm
Class Fee: $145
Materials Fee: $10 to be paid to Sue on the day
- Small headed straight pins
- White or cream sewing thread
- Pen and notebook.
Tutor: Sue Traylen
Sue Traylen is an experienced textile artist who teaches regularly at Open Drawer. She completed a Diploma in Textile Arts at Box Hill Institute in 2010 which is where she discovered a passion in miniature Tapestry weaving, using fine embroidery threads. She has been exploring and creating miniature weavings ever since and loves sharing her knowledge and experience of these delicate and beautiful little treasures.
- Miniature Tapestry Weaving$145$1450$0