Hemming: Sewing Masterclass Series
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Are you short? Tall? Do you need to rehem your clothes to either shorten or lengthen them? Perhaps you’d just like to learn some new techniques and finishes? Come along to our Sewing Masterclass and let Barbara Niglio pass on her tricks of the trade as she teaches you how to hem with confidence and add some creative flare. Hemming using both hand and machine sewing will be covered.
Note: you must be proficient in sewing machine use.
This class is suitable for those aged 16+
Date: Thu 25 Jul 10am-2:30pm
What to bring:
• Your sewing machine and spare needles (let us know if you need to use one of our machines)
• One item that you’d like to hem (while you will start on this, it may need to be finished at home)
• Basic sewing kit (we have spares if you are missing anything)
• Pen, pencil, writing paper
What you will take away:
• Samples of various types of hems
What you will learn:
• How to measure trousers for a perfect length
• How to level and pin a skirt hem for an even finish
• Different methods of hand and machine sewing including blind stitching, top stitching, and using trims, lace and bindings
Tutor: Barbara Niglio.
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. She has taught Diploma and Cert III in Fashion Design and Technology at Box Hill TAFE for over a decade. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
- Hemming Masterclass$105$1050$0