Hand Stitching - Form and Variation with Dijanne Cevaal
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Learn about form and variation from experienced textile artist Dijanne Cevaal. She will guide you through the making of a number of small pieces interpreting one source of inspiration such as a flower, or favourite photo of a window/doorway. This can be anything you find interesting (the source of inspiration should be simple).
You will then look at different ways to interpret that source of inspiration, looking at positive/negative balance in your design, the effect of stitch to the overall design, the effect of changing colours, changing scale, and angle of interpretation.The idea is to give you some design tools for use in future work.
Date: Friday 5 July 2019
Time: 10am – 4:00pm
Cost: $160 + Materials fee ($5 – to be paid to tutor on day of workshop)
What to bring :
- A picture that inspires you - something simple with a good shape and good lines would be perfect- eg a pomegranate, a pear, bottles, cup and saucer, a vase, a flower, a butterfly
- Drawing paper, pencil and eraser
- A selection of fabrics (not large pieces- with a range of colours) - including a piece in your favourite colour and a piece that is the complementary colour of your favourite colour - eg. Blue or orange with yellow, red with green, yellow with purple .
- Some batting/wadding and backing fabric
- Small piece of vliesofix/wunderunder
- A variety of different coloured threads/embroidery threads if you have them
- Basic sewing kit including good sharp scissors
Tutor: Dijanne Cevaal
Dianne is a noted Australian Textile artist who teaches around the world. In her own words: “I love to dye and print fabrics and assemble them into quilts with lots of stitching both by hand and machine. I also create my own linocuts for printing on fabric”. She is the author of a book “Musing in Textile: France”. Examples of Dijanne’s work can be viewed on Instagram (Origidij) and on her website http://origidij.blogspot.com/
Photo and Work: Dijanne Cevaal
- 25% off Hand Stitching$120$120Sold Out
- Hand Stitching$160$160Sold Out