Creative Knitting: Building on Lace
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Do you want to introduce new ideas into your knitting? This workshop will lead you through adding lace pieces to your knitting. Using a beautiful piece of lace as a starting point, you’ll explore a range of different techniques and use of colour to create a small neck piece fastened with buttons.
Date: Saturday 15 June 2019, 10:00am-3:00pm
Tutor: Liz Langford.
Liz has been designing knitwear for many years. She likes to use colour and different techniques to create unique garments. A recent innovation has been exploring the use and reuse of antique laces as an embellishment and a foundation for knitwear. She has been a teacher in one form or another most of her working life. She is an accomplished designer who is willing to explore colour, design, and function. Her passion for knitting has led to creating unique, ever-changing designs. All are created from beautiful natural yarns, including wool, silk, and cottons.
Liz has been judging in the Woolcraft section of the Australian Sheep and Wool Show for a number of years and seeks to inspire her students to create beautiful statement pieces and to look at knitting from a new view point.
Prerequisite/s: Intermediate to advanced knitting skills
What you will learn
• How to incorporate lace into your knitted creations
• New stitch techniques
• Gain confidence in your use of colour
What you will get
• Students will take home their knitted piece (which may or may not be finished).
What to bring
• Pen, pencil and paper for note taking
• Approx. 60g of 4 ply (fingering) main colour, and another 60g of assorted colours
• 4.50 mm needles
• 4mm crochet hook
• A set of buttons (these may be purchased from Opendrawer on the day or from Liz for $5 per set)
• Liz will supply the lace for the piece you will create in the workshop, but lace for additional pieces can be purchased from her for between $3 and $5.
Adults 18 and over interested in learning some new knitting techniques
Photo and Work: Liz Langford
- Creative Knitting: Lace$115$1150$0