Creative Knitting: Botanica
Time & Location
About This Workshop
This two day course will take you through the process of designing a beautiful small shawl that features a leaves and flower neck line and then adds a knitted lace piece that buttons to sit on the shoulder.
You will learn to create leaves and flowers that you can then incorporate in other projects.
Date: Saturday and Sunday, 10 and 11 August 2019, 10:00am-3:00pm
Tutor: Liz Langford.
Liz has been designing knitwear for many years. She likes to use colour and different techniques to create unique garments. A recent innovation has been exploring the use and reuse of antique laces as an embellishment and a foundation for knitwear. She has been a teacher in one form or another most of her working life. She is an accomplished designer who is willing to explore colour, design, and function. Her passion for knitting has led to creating unique, ever-changing designs. All are created from beautiful natural yarns, including wool, silk, and cottons.
Liz has been judging in the Woolcraft section of the Australian Sheep and Wool Show for a number of years and seeks to inspire her students to create beautiful statement pieces and to look at knitting from a new view point.
Prerequisite/s: Intermediate to advanced knitting skills
What you will learn
• How to knit flowers and leaves
• New stitch techniques
• Gain confidence in your use of colour
What you will get
• Students will take home their knitted piece (which may or may not be finished).
What to bring
• Approximately 50 gms of 4 ply main colour and a selections of 20 gram of 4 ply in 3 or 4 colours
• 100 gm of 8ply in one colour- this can be a multi dye or plain colour
• 4mm needles
• 4.50mm needles
• 4.00mm crochet hook
• 3 buttons
• Beads (optional to use to embellish flowers)
• Pen, pencil and paper for note taking
Adults 18 and over interested in learning some new knitting techniques
Photo and Work: Liz Langford
- Creative Knitting: Lace$240$2400$0