Coffee Pod Jewellery
Time & Location
About This Workshop
In this workshop, you will learn how to keep coffee pods out of landfill by using aluminium coffee pods to make various types of unique jewellery. Barbara will teach you the techniques (cutting, folding, bending) to transform these pods into beautiful shapes and then attach them to the appropriate fastings to convert them into brooches, earrings, necklaces and bracelets. The fastings can be purchased from Barbara on the day, depending on your jewellery choices. You will have the freedom to explore your own designs. BYO coffee pods, and any embellishments or fastenings you might already have.
Date: Thursday January 16 2020
Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm
What you will learn
- How to make various types of jewellery by recycling aluminium coffee pods
- How to cut, fold and manipulate the pods to form amazing shapes
- Basic jewellery making techniques
What you will get
- Students will take home their jewellery pieces
What to bring
- Pencil, paper, scissors, glue (E6000 – available from Riot)
- Lots of aluminium coffee pods – at least 20. A variety of colours is preferable but not essential. There is the potential to swap with others on the day.
- Embellishments, rhinestones etc
Tutor: Barbara Niglio.
Barbara studied fashion and worked for many years as a professional seamstress and dressmaker. Now, Barbara uses her diverse range of skills to create clothing, jewellery and objects from recycled materials.
Pictured: Barbara Niglio's jewellery range.
- Sold OutCoffee Pod Jewellery$115$1150$0