Beginner's Felting (1)
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Come along and learn how to design and sculpt a felt hat.
The design possibilities are endless and you will be taught some of the many ways to achieve this.
Together we will be felting a square shape and transforming it into a well balanced hat of your choice.
Give yourself permission to play and surprise yourself with the outcome.
Basic felting experience required.
- 2.5 m x50cm bubble wrap. – all one piece (New, not recycled please! Available from Bunnings )
- 1 pool noodle (min. 50cm long)
- 1 old bath towels
- Olive oil soap
- 2 litre plastic bowl (ice cream/yoghurt)
- 2.5 m x 50cm tulle or curtain mesh
- 2 Lt plastic bottle with holes punched in lid or spray container
- sharp pointy scissor
- Painters drop sheet (Bunnings)
- 2 supermarket plastic bags
- Note pad
About the Tutor:
Brigitte Haldemann has been making handmade felt for close to 20 years. She has been attending many workshops taught by local and international artists. Brigitte has participated in numerous group exhibitions, community projects and exhibited solo. Brigitte has been teaching felt making through the VFI and Opendrawer. She loves to share her felting skills and the fabulous endless creative possibilities this ancient craft has to offer.
Wool tops for further projects are available from:
- Opendrawer, 1158 Toorak Road, Camberwell (Hartwell Village) Ph. 9889 7227 www.opendrawer.com.au
- Winterwood toys-Shop 9 Colman Road, Warranwood. Ph. 9879 0426. www.winterwoodtoys.com.au
- Fibre Fusion (by appointment) 19 white Ave, Kew East, Victoria. Ph. 9859 8081 www.fibrefusion.com.au
- Hand Spinners and Weavers, 655 Nicholson Street, Carlton North VIC 3054 Phone (03) 9387 9222
- Beginner's Felting$145$1450$0