19" Square Felt Hat
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Come along and learn how to design and sculpt a felt hat.
The design possibilities are endless and you will be taught some of the many ways to achieve this.
Together we will be felting a square shape and transforming it into a well balanced hat of your choice.
Give yourself permission to play and surprise yourself with the outcome.
Basic felting experience required.
Date: Saturday Jul 13
What to bring:
- Plastic drop sheet to protect your work area
- 2 towels
- 2 x 1m x 1m of bubble wrap
- 19inch square thick white foam for template (or bubble wrap)
- 150 gr of fine Merino Wool tops, colour of your choice
- small pieces of silk, silk fibres, silk hankies, yarn to decorate the surface
- 8 clothes pegs
- olive soap or equivalent
- small bucket
- Ice cream container
- Milk bottle with holes in lid, or Brauser if you have one
- Hat block and Lazy Susan if you have them - It makes it easier and is more stable to work on a hat block and the lazy Susan helps during the shaping process.
Tutor: Brigitte Haldermann.
Since graduating from “Studio Stitch – Art Design and Textiles” at Box Hill Institute in 2005, Brigitte Haldemann has undertaken several projects, group and solo exhibitions and competitions. Over time she has developed her own distinctive style and shares a passion for colour, balance, texture and design. Teaching new skills and sharing new ideas encourages exploring and expands the creative horizon.
- Make a Felt Hat$145$1450$0